The Intercept Mailroom Clerk will perform routine tasks including receiving, sorting and delivering of parcels. The Internal Messenger compares contents of material being received or shipped to shipping documents or bill-of lading. They follow established procedures to report discrepancies. An Internal Messenger distributes and collects building parcels. Under general supervision, the Internal Messenger is responsible for the manual and clerical work in receiving, storing, distributing and monitoring of goods, materials and supplies within the building; delivers and picks up work of building tenants; and performs related work as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Keeps clean and organizes messenger center so that all equipment may be easily located and retrieved.
- Greets vendors to the building and directs them to appropriate centers.
- Signs for and accepts any delivered parcels 25lbs and under to the building.
- Stages and gathers information off parcels for entry into U.S. Messenger Operating System.
- Create messenger center control document for customer signature.
- Deliver all parcels according to delivery timelines and urgencies.
- Monitor and maintain all U.S. Messenger company equipment.
- Report all discrepancies and issues to messenger center supervisor.
- Abide by all U.S. Messenger company rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Skill in organizing and processing volumes of parcels and/or other items.
- Skill in explaining schedules, routes and limitations regarding all parcels and/or other items picked up or delivered.
- Ability to meet stringent timelines.
- Ability to keep records sufficient to track parcels and other items.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to lift, carry or otherwise transport bundles, cartons, crates or suitcases containing product delivered throughout the building.
- Ability to communicate applicable regulations, time schedules, procedures or other information related to all job duties to U.S. Messenger employees in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to present a positive, professional image as an employee of U.S. Messenger in performance of duties.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as a member of a service-oriented team.
- Ability to operate company computers and various software packages.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve problems.
Experience/Education: High school diploma or GED equivalence. One year related messenger center experience preferred.
Special Requirements: Will require criminal background check.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: To perform the essential functions of the job, incumbents must be able to perform the following: Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, climbing, crawling, walking, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing/listening, repetitive motion, seeing/observing.