As a Business Development Executive at U.S. Messenger – Logistics Management Group, you will be responsible for full lifecycle sales efforts, from the initial call through contract or agreement execution. This role requires a background in business development, ideally selling transportation of goods or a service to a cross-industrial market. Strong communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to start, develop, and nurture relationships are important to the success of this role.
Simply put, this role is responsible for bringing in new business for 5 business units. If you have the drive to move the needle on your compensation through your own efforts (you will get the support your need from your teammate) this is the opportunity for you. This is not account management. This is not customer success. U.S. Messenger is well supported by teammates for those support processes. A U.S. Messenger Business Development Executive is a highly driven, quota-carrying, full-cycle sales professional — who generates leads and closes deals.
This role centers around our Chicagoland market place but will expand to the Midwest region.
- Generate leads through professional networking and cold calling techniques
- Prospecting and building new business opportunities within assigned territories
- Ability to understand a prospect’s needs and effectively communicate value propositions to the prospects
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to close opportunities with senior-level executive and decisions makers (Must be an active listener)
- Work with internal resources to ensure efficient setup and onboarding of a new account
- Additional responsibilities may include ongoing management for strategic accounts. However, our normal system is to pass the relationship on to customer service for client care.
- Initiate and build prospect relationships and understanding which of our services best suits the prospect
- Coordinate and schedule online and onsite meetings of key decision-makers
- Negotiate and participate in pricing strategy
- Negotiate contract/agreement terms within the acceptable guidelines provided by management
- Develop prospect account strategy and plan
- Coordinate plans to include internal support of objectives
- Own and manage pipeline in Zoho.com
Education and Experience Required:
- 2+ years of B2B sales experience; proven ability to identify and develop new business with prospects and existing accounts, build/maintain relationships with the decision-makers
- Experience in selling services (in transportation a plus) to a cross-industrial market
- Demonstrated record of success at both large, complex organization and smaller to mid-sized environments
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
You will need:
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills
- Hunter mentality — you have a passion for finding ways to generate new business
- An entrepreneurial spirit — the idea of being an active participant in a growing company must excite you
- High level of constructive energy, motivation, drive, persistence, initiative, and commitment
- Must be tech-savvy and able to navigate a CRM
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high tempo company and industry
Compensation and Benefits:
U.S. Messenger has a competitive salary, commission, and benefits program that will be discussed during the interview process.
Why we love U.S. Messenger:
U.S. Messenger is the best in class provider of “Right Now” and Dedicated Route B2B delivery as well as Intercept Logistics, Warehouse and Fulfilment, and Next Flight Out services in Chicagoland. Quality and value are at the core of our platform. Our people are passionate about providing a consistent and quality-assured service. The sky’s the limit at USM. We are part of a well-supported operation looking to grow by adding capability and capacity. In an industry not known for great corporate culture, USM is at the forefront of creating and maintaining a collaborative and connected professional environment that encourages personal growth and respectful interaction.